How does the Swap Meet work?

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Off Topic Discussion How does the Swap Meet work?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jen judkins
    Participant

If anyone is in the know…how does the Swap Meet work? Is it a way for folks to sell their implements and harnesses, or is it a donation to the organization and a tax exemption kind of thing?

I’m asking because my plan this weekend is to canvass my local teamsters and farmers…first to invite them to the event, but to find out if they have implements or other useful stuff to either donate or sell. I’d like to have a better idea of how they benefit, so I can be effective. My other agenda is to simply make contact with some of those I have not met yet. NEAPFD is a great icebreaker, for sure. Thanks in advance. Jennifer.

PS. I’m signed on to volunteer all three days…looks like I’ll be in the hospitality tent, so stop by, I want to meet you all!

Carl Russell

The Swap Meet is a private sale situation, like a flee market. For a fee of $25 anyone can bring equipment to be placed at the site under the overhanging shed roof near the food area, where they can put their name and price on the piece. It is up to those who bring items to arrange for contacts about buying or selling.

Donations to the event are welcome, but we do not want to have equipment left over for us to move, or dispose of. So Take What Ya Brung!! We will accept cash donations, or good tools/equipment to include in the door prize or raffle drawing.

Thanks for the interest.

Carl

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.