How to Post a Picture as an Attachment.

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Welcome to the new Website! Website How-To How to Post a Picture as an Attachment.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Does’ Leap
    Participant

As a part of the newly-formed web committee, I thought some “how to” videos might be useful in clearing up some of the confusion on posting pictures and video. The resolution on this video is not very good – my apologies. I still think it gets the point across. If anyone has any tips on improving resolution in QuickTime while doing a screen recording, please send them along.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A7iQkd7LCs

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A7iQkd7LCs[/video]

George

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

George, I think that helps a lot even with out the perfect resolution. Sometimes, for me the difficulty was where and how my pictures were stored on the computer. File size and type etc. With picasa ( a google thing) my photos are stored with full resolution on my computer. There is and export function which just takes the chosen photo or photos and moves them to a different folder on the computer. This also adjust the size (best size for sharing!) Then when I want to attach one they are easy to find and already to go. I can attach photos to an email the same way.

Again, Thanks for the video. Donn

CanoeTomah
    Participant

Thanks George for posting the good instructions.
    The way (may not be the best) I down size my photos before I attach one to the site.
    My computer uses windows.
    In my picture directory I select the pic I want to share and e-mail it to myself.
    Then I copy it back to a different folder I have named shared pic. The e-mail function will will send pic in different sizes to share.

From your picture folder.
    Select Pic
    Right click mouse (drop down window will appear)
    Select “Send to”
    Select “Mail Recipient” (Attach file box will appear)
    Select Size “Large” (you can pick any of the 3 options)
    Click “Attach” (Will create an un-addressed e-mail with pic file attached)
    Go to your windows mail account to the un-addressed message
    click on the attached pic (should be highlighted)
    Right click (drop down window will appear)
    Select “copy”

Then go back to a different folder
    Select the folder to copy into (folder should be highlighted)
    Right Click (drop down list will appear)
    Select Paste
    Your reduced size pic is now ready to be upload to site.

Like Donn I usually create a Share Pic folder within any picture folder to keep things organized.

Jeroen
    Participant

Instead of promoting to post pictures as attachments I would explain how to post pictures through a hosting service (like Imageshack). You can see the pictures directly in the post, which makes the forum more attractive, no scaling down pictures for users and it does not take space on the dapnet server (which you normally pay for). Most forums I know do not even offer the opportunity to upload to keep costs down.
    It’s shown like this:
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us<br/>

For pictures uploaded as attachments I would change the setting as how they open. Now the picture opens in the same window. It’s more user-friendly if you let it open in a new window.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.