Hummer-hating-artist-hacks-h2-into-horse-cart

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    blue80
    Participant

With the H3 project as my inspiration,

We picked this 50 year old snow plane up at auction. BLown motor will be sold off for parts to airboat enthusiasts to pay off the snow plane and trailer.
    Then a little chopping here and adding there, and we envision a snow stagecoach for work and play in the Big Horn Mountains. Stagecoach bench on top for driving, cold kids inside the cab, warm kids in an enlarged rear area with rear facing rumble seat. Will see how well it pulls, we may dress it up a little nicer and do a sweethart sleigh ride deal or something for a little winter cash. But we would rather do a “young family discount” and get some families interested in working horses.

Have to play with the weighting a little, not sure if one ski will be great or not….Thinking I’ll just look at it and dream for a couple months before getting started.

Kevin

blue80
    Participant

well after Tuesdays storm which dropped lots of snow and then blew it to Scotts neighbourhood, we set out on our virgin embarkment, which went, we feel, considerably better than the titanics.

Preliminarily we just wanted to test the weight distribution, turning and maneuverability with the shortened front ski. All is well, we’ll continue to work on the finishes…..
    The plane rides like a dream, and floats over the powder and soft drifts with the wide skiis.

Our four kids in the cockpit stayed warm even though it was a stiff 5 degrees, and my wife sitting shotgun with me up top fooled herself into thinking we were on a date. Poor lady, just goes to show how many date nights we go on…..Apparently shes taking what she can get. Good fun.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    Kevin

Carl Russell

Kevin, that looks like a blast.

Hope you had a good turkey day, Carl

Scott G
    Participant

Frickin’ awesome, Kevin! Flames painted down the side would be a perfect accent. Reminds me of something like “Mad Max” from a draft perspective. I can almost imagine Tina T. sitting up there alongside…

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.