I have a chance to train an ox.

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Draft Animal Power Oxen I have a chance to train an ox.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Nat(wasIxy)
    Participant

Yes, oxen are easy to train and yes, you see tiny children riding buffalo yada yada yada – what is not taken into account from a photo is how many animals get trained and how many end up as beef, or suitable for children to ride. Also, things are very different if these animals are trained by people who know what they are doing, live in that culture, have the right facilities etc.

When you don’t have that, you get Frye. I’m glad you’ve stopped dictating what can and can’t happen and have put some effort in, and things have changed, just as I said they would if you did. I’m not a ‘naysayer’, but you have to face facts sometimes.

chickade
    Participant

There is a new Farmer at Colonial Plantation who has trained 8 oxen! She drove Frye easily and commented on how far he has come along. Success!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This is good to know, the idea of getting everyone involve on how to care pets and animals is very much important. And that this sites surely and advocates of it, in fact I also let my daughter to have this great concern to animals, which at her young age she even play animals games for girls at http://www.igamesforgirls.com/animal, because soon, she will also be one of our ranch keeper.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.