IH 14 Side Delivery Rake behind horses?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Wamoo
    Participant

Hello!
    Anybody here ever used an International 14 Side Delivery Rake with horses (and a forecart)? Nice one at a local dealer and I’m in the market for a rake I can use behind my Farmall Cub too. One rake I could use behind horses or a tractor would be great! Any thought would be appreciated.

Dennis
    Participant

I use one, works nice. The issue I have with mine is the adjusters the the height will run right in your back. The hitch point needs to be set back a little farther. I use a pioneer forecart and just move the seat over to the side but the handles will still get in our way when turning.

Wamoo
    Participant

Thanks a million! Off chance, do you an approximate weight of the rake? How about the tongue weight?

Thanks again!

Dennis
    Participant

Not sure of weight, it takes two to pick up the tongue, but overall it doesn’t weigh down the back of the forecart and lift the tongue up on the collars. A farmall cub will pull nice.

J-L
    Participant

I’ve used a similar John Deere for years behind a team and cart. They work just fine. The Pioneer forecart is balanced good enough that the tongue weight is not an issue like Dennis says. You can turn sharp enough with these to do a good, clean job of raking irregular patches with a team. Your little Cub is a nice tractor for this, but I liked just a little more horsepower on big jobs so I can use a higher gear. I only do this when running behind, and rake much of it with a team anyway.

Wamoo
    Participant

Thanks everybody! I went ahead and pulled the trigger and bought the rake. It even has new tires! (although I think the right tire is mounted backwards for ground-drive.)

carl ny
    Participant

Yup, turn that tire around. Other then that, looks good. Had a hard time convincing a guy about that one time. He couldn’t understand the concept of the ground driving the tire. LOL

carl ny

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.