Images from the GMDHA auction

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Events Images from the GMDHA auction

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jean
    Participant

The auction had more tack this year then in the recent years. Lots and lots of saddles, plus full team harnesses for every size draft out there.

We had about 25 horses go through the ring. They ranged in price from $50 to $2800.

Here are some pictures from the day.

[ATTACH]353.jpg” />

[ATTACH]354.jpg” />

[ATTACH]355.jpg” />

[ATTACH]356.jpg” />

[ATTACH]357.jpg” />

Plowboy
    Participant

I heard some harness and equipment went cheap but many of the good horses were no sales.

Jean
    Participant

You heard right! The horses that I picked to post on DAP were both no sales. If people want I can post some pics of the horses that did sell.

I sold a cart that I had finished refinishing minutes before I took it the auction. I don’t know if what I made from the sale covered the cost of the paint. It was too small for anything I had here and I guess I saved money by not buying a smaller horse to go with the cart. (that is just a little insight in how women can justify about anything kind of a sale).

Jean

Michael Colby
    Participant

Jean, I’d love to see more photos of the horses that sold. I had to leave early and only got to see a couple of horses go through. I’m particularly interested in the gorgeous and quiet Belgian that was only trained to ride (six-year-old?) and the 10-month-old Belgian that was already hooked to a cart. Also, which horse fetched the $2800?

As usual, it was great to see and hang around so many draft addicts at the auction. Nice work.

jen judkins
    Participant

@Michael Colby 8681 wrote:

Jean, I’d love to see more photos of the horses that sold. I had to leave early and only got to see a couple of horses go through. I’m particularly interested in the gorgeous and quiet Belgian that was only trained to ride (six-year-old?) and the 10-month-old Belgian that was already hooked to a cart. Also, which horse fetched the $2800?
    QUOTE]

I was watching for the big belgian gelding as well…he would have made a nice match for Peanut….but his owner backed out of the sale and he never made it into the ring. The youngster did not sell. Reserve wasn’t met. The bids for horses were quite sad, really.

Jean
    Participant

the horse that got the highest bid is a pulling horse, belgian.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.