Improve Search Functionality

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Welcome to the new Website! Bugs Improve Search Functionality

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Devin Balkind
    Keymaster

The following comment came to the website admins:

If I type in “D-ring harness” I get 34 pages of every post that ever mentions “D-ring harness.” It is almost easier to find what I want by going through a given category on the forum home page. Is it possible to:

1. Concentrate 34 pages of individual posts into a list of threads that contain the searched words? Say maybe just a list of the 50(guessing) threads (titled) that contain “D-ring harness”?
    2. Bring up the threads with the searched word(s) in the thread title first instead of the most recent posts that include the searched word(s).
    3. Options to “search thread titles,” “search key words in posts,” “sort results from most recent to oldest,” “sort results from oldest to most recent,” “sort threads by how often key word is used,” etc.

dominiquer60

Folks this is an opportunity to be heard, the website people want to help make this forum a better place to share information. Your feedback is important.

Erika

dominiquer60

Tonight I was searching for the Lincoln Woods Video. I typed in “Lincoln Woods Video”, the thread that I wanted was down a few in the search results, but it was titled “Lincoln Woods Video.” When I click on the link to the “Lincoln Woods Video” it sends me to a page suggesting that I try doing a search for what I want. The page states: “This is somewhat embarrassing, isn’t it? It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.”

I can see multiple posts from the Lincoln Woods thread in the search results, but cannot get to the thread to view the video. I can reproduce this multiple times.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.