Interest in VT logging workshop??

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Events Interest in VT logging workshop??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brad Johnson
    Participant

I am wondering if there would be interest in a one or perhaps two day workshop on working larger woodlots with animal power. I am currently working on a 140 acre lot and thought that it might be fun to hold some sort of event over here in central VT. We may hold in in conjunction with MOFGA but it will depend on how many folks are involved. MY y thought is to focus on planning and execution for working a large parcel, with particular emphasis on different tools and strategies to gain efficient over longer distances. I am thinking this would happen before mud season hits…please let me know if you are interested so that I can gauge whether or not this is worth pursuing further. Thanks.
    -Brad

JaredWoodcock
    Participant

I am very interested.

JJK
    Participant

Me too

Josh

LongViewFarm
    Participant

I’m in.

JaredWoodcock
    Participant

You could probably market the course through the UVM newsletter. We do a lot of that kind of thing over here with the cornell small farms program. I also have a few connections with NOFA and the Greenhorns if you would like to go that route for advertising. My office job is mostly building and promoting workshops for a community college, Let me know if you need a hand with that part.

Tyler Sage
    Participant

I would attend

Brad Johnson
    Participant

Thanks everyone for your interest. I will do some thinking on this and hopefully I can get something pulled together for this winter. In the meantime, lets all hope for better weather!
    -Brad

daniel grover
    Keymaster

I’m interested.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.