Introduction to Working Horses

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Education Introduction to Working Horses

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Carl Russell

Date: May 11, 2013
    Time: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
    Location: Earthwise Farm and Forest, 341 Macintosh Hill Rd, Bethel, VT 05032 (911 address)

Cost: $50 per person; Pre-registration required. Minimum class size of 5, and maximum class size of 10. Register by May 1, 2013, (Bring your own lunch)
    Skidding uphill SMF copy.jpg

The day-long session will provide a small group of individuals with hands-on experience and intensive exposure to the fundamentals of the work of logging with horses. Emphasis will be placed on understanding the work, and the effective application of draft-horses to that work.
    Topics will include:
    Basic care and management of horses;shoeing, and harnessing for working in the woods; Hitching and working safety for one and two horses; Setting realistic expectations and understanding strategies for moving working loads in timber harvest; and Demonstration and discussion of equipment use.
    Mail your registration fee to: Carl Russell, 341 Macintosh Hill Rd, Randolph, VT 05060 by May 2013
    Participants should come prepared to work outdoors all day, dressed for the weather conditions. Sturdy work boots, gloves and chainsaw safety equipment, including hard hat with eye and ear protection are suggested.
    For more information, call 802-234-5524 or email Carl Russell at earthwise@hughes.net

http://www.earthwisefarmandforest.com/horselogging_forestry.html

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Carl, That is a great looking event. if I was closer I would offer to help. good luck and I will pass the word. Donn

dominiquer60

A great event for sure, I will pass it along.

Carl Russell

We will be rescheduling this event due to inadequate preregistration numbers.

Dates to be determined.

Thank you, “The Management”.

horsemedic47
    Participant

I’m only on the computer at work but I would be interested in attending the class

PeytonM
    Participant

wish you were closer!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.