It’s time for the final vote

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Scott G
    Participant

All,

I have allowed almost a month to make sure that we received as much input as possible. Truth be known; after the first week the response has been nil. Assuming that I have received all responses from folks that are motivated and interested in this effort, it is time to move forward with the next step. I know that there are many personal/ business demands, chores, and efforts ongoing at this time of year. Due to that fact, I again will leave this open for some time to ensure getting everyone’s input and vote.

I have gathered all votes for the questions posed to the group concerning name of effort, mission statement, and preliminary goals. They are ranked in order of most votes received.

Next task, vote for the final choice(s). Vote for 1 name, 1 mission statement, and 5 formative goals. Once these selections have been made I will post the results, make a motion to adopt, and we move on. At that point we can tweak the wording, but the content and context will remain the same. Please remember that the goals are foundation driven and give us a point of focus. Once we have measurable success/movement on those goals we can broaden them and add additional goals as the formative committee sees fit.

Same as last time; please cut and paste for ease of organization on my part.

For now let’s vote…

2) Throw out some names for the effort. Ideally ones that could carry over into the eventual association. Key words could/would be; draft, forestry, logging, powered, animal, international, etc.

Vote for one

“International Draft Animal Forestry Initiative (IDAFI)” (5 votes) (Scott comment: Think about the acronym!)

“Draft Powered Forestry International” (4 votes) (Carl comment: I don’t mind this but think it should be animal and not just draft.)
    “International Draft Powered Forestry Association” (3 votes)

3) Mission statement. This should be 1-3 sentences at most.

Vote for one

“To promote positive impact forest management using draft animals and appropriate technology” (5 votes)

“To facilitate the international connection between draft animal forestry practitioners, exchanging information, providing benefits of association (i.e. insurance, cooperative marketing, etc.), and advocating toward mutual goals.” (4 votes)

4) Goals. List five goals, in order of priority, for this effort. Clear, concise, and limited to one complete sentence.

Vote for five

”To advance an ecological perspective of forest management, based on the use of draft animals, and other low impact/low input strategies.” (5 votes)

”Work to establish a separate and reasonable Worker’s Comp category for animal loggers.” (4 votes)

”Share techniques and strategies.” (4 votes)

”To improve opportunities for draft animal forestry practitioners to unite regionally, and internationally, to share information, work, markets, and advocacy.” (4 votes)

“To serve as an official body to support collaboration, research and demonstration with all interest groups on the issues of sustainable forestry including, governmental, non governmental organizations (NGO), academic institutions, municipalities, private landowners” (4 votes)

“To develop some sort of state or regional organization to help with training new and upcoming horse loggers Get more awareness to the general public find and promote new ways to use animal power to enhance our forest world wide!” (4 votes)

”Work with researchers to study and publish ecological benefits of animal logging.” (3 votes)

“To establish an international directory of associations, organizations, and individuals who are supporting /(or practicing)/ the work of draft animal forestry practitioners.” (3 votes)

“To serve as a networking, clearinghouse and contact information for individuals and organizations involved in animal powered forestry throughout the world.” (3 votes)

Carl Russell

Just so you know, if you don’t already, just hit “Quote” in the lower right corner, and you will be able to reply with all that Scott has written here, then just delete whatever you don’t want.

2) Throw out some names for the effort. Ideally ones that could carry over into the eventual association. Key words could/would be; draft, forestry, logging, powered, animal, international, etc.

Vote for one
    “International Draft Animal Forestry Initiative (IDAFI)”

Vote for one

“To facilitate the international connection between draft animal forestry practitioners, exchanging information, providing benefits of association (i.e. insurance, cooperative marketing, etc.), and advocating toward mutual goals.”

4) Goals. List five goals, in order of priority, for this effort. Clear, concise, and limited to one complete sentence.

Vote for five

1) “To establish an international directory of associations, organizations, and individuals who are supporting /(or practicing)/ the work of draft animal forestry practitioners.”

2) ”To improve opportunities for draft animal forestry practitioners to unite regionally, and internationally, to share information, work, markets, and advocacy.”

3) ”To advance an ecological perspective of forest management, based on the use of draft animals, and other low impact/low input strategies.”

4) ”Share techniques and strategies.”

5) ”Work to establish a separate and reasonable Worker’s Comp category for animal loggers.”

lancek
    Participant

1. International Draft Powered Forestry Association”
    2. To promote positive impact forest management using draft animals and appropriate technology”
    3.Work to establish a separate and reasonable Worker’s Comp category for animal loggers.””
    4.”To improve opportunities for draft animal forestry practitioners to unite regionally, and internationally, to share information, work, markets, and advocacy.”
    5.Work with researchers to study and publish ecological benefits of animal logging.”

6. “To establish an international directory of associations, organizations, and individuals who are supporting /(or practicing)/ the work of draft animal forestry practitioners.”

To serve as a networking, clearinghouse and contact information for individuals and organizations involved in animal powered forestry throughout the world.” (3 votes)

Jim Ostergard
    Participant

My votes for the future:
    Name:

“Draft Powered Forestry International” -With Carl’s statement about use of word Draft rather than Animal in mind.

Mission statement.

“To facilitate the international connection between draft animal forestry practitioners, exchanging information, providing benefits of association (i.e. insurance, cooperative marketing, etc.), and advocating toward mutual goals.”

Goals. List five goals, in order of priority, for this effort.

My Votes:
    1. ”To advance an ecological perspective of forest management, based on the use of draft animals, and other low impact/low input strategies.”

2. “To serve as an official body to support collaboration, research and demonstration with all interest groups on the issues of sustainable forestry including, governmental, non governmental organizations (NGO), academic institutions, municipalities, private landowners”

3. “To develop some sort of state or regional organization to help with training new and upcoming horse loggers Get more awareness to the general public find and promote new ways to use animal power to enhance our forest world wide!” (4 votes)

4. ”Work to establish a separate and reasonable Worker’s Comp category for animal loggers.”

5. “To serve as a networking, clearinghouse and contact information for individuals and organizations involved in animal powered forestry throughout the world.”

I think some of the ones I did not vote for this time around will get taken care of in the above. Its pretty inclusive.
    Thanks…..Jimbojim

cousin jack
    Participant

These get my vote, CJ

Vote for one

“Draft Powered Forestry International”

Vote for one

“To promote positive impact forest management using draft animals and appropriate technology”

Vote for five

”To advance an ecological perspective of forest management, based on the use of draft animals, and other low impact/low input strategies.”

”To improve opportunities for draft animal forestry practitioners to unite regionally, and internationally, to share information, work, markets, and advocacy.” (4 votes)

“To serve as an official body to support collaboration, research and demonstration with all interest groups on the issues of sustainable forestry including, governmental, non governmental organizations (NGO), academic institutions, municipalities, private landowners” (4 votes)

”Work with researchers to study and publish ecological benefits of animal logging.” (3 votes)

“To serve as a networking, clearinghouse and contact information for individuals and organizations involved in animal powered forestry throughout the world.” (3 votes)

simon lenihan
    Participant

@Scott G 11162 wrote:

All,

I have allowed almost a month to make sure that we received as much input as possible. Truth be known; after the first week the response has been nil. Assuming that I have received all responses from folks that are motivated and interested in this effort, it is time to move forward with the next step. I know that there are many personal/ business demands, chores, and efforts ongoing at this time of year. Due to that fact, I again will leave this open for some time to ensure getting everyone’s input and vote.

I have gathered all votes for the questions posed to the group concerning name of effort, mission statement, and preliminary goals. They are ranked in order of most votes received.

Next task, vote for the final choice(s). Vote for 1 name, 1 mission statement, and 5 formative goals. Once these selections have been made I will post the results, make a motion to adopt, and we move on. At that point we can tweak the wording, but the content and context will remain the same. Please remember that the goals are foundation driven and give us a point of focus. Once we have measurable success/movement on those goals we can broaden them and add additional goals as the formative committee sees fit.

Same as last time; please cut and paste for ease of organization on my part.

For now let’s vote…

Vote for one

“International Draft Animal Forestry Initiative (IDAFI)” (5 votes) (Scott comment: Think about the acronym!)

Vote for one

“To promote positive impact forest management using draft animals and appropriate technology” (5 votes)

Vote for five

”To advance an ecological perspective of forest management, based on the use of draft animals, and other low impact/low input strategies.” (5 votes)

”Share techniques and strategies.” (4 votes)

“To develop some sort of state or regional organization to help with training new and upcoming horse loggers Get more awareness to the general public find and promote new ways to use animal power to enhance our forest world wide!” (4 votes)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.