jac

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jac
    Participant

Thursday 28th January 2010.

A drizzly day with a cold N/West wind blowing. Arrived at the stables just as my wife Andrea was finishing up the chores.. God bless her. I was night shift on the railway again as we work our way to self sufficiency and the day when we can work together at home..We have a resident pheasant {Phill} who makes a good living at our yard, his colors are still a bit dowdy but come spring he displays his usual amazing plumage.. Gave Zimmermans harness a call today as I’ve decided to go down the D ring harness route. No horses hitched today ,tomorow I’ll hitch Ruth and Belle again. They have only been hitched 3 times and are going well.. I suppose thats the benefits of conditioning my foals from birth and lots of patience..Megansfield Memphis Belle is our home bred filly and named after the WW2 bomber. The land is that really soggy way after the thaw, everything looks so dirty after the snow. So many fix up jobs to do and no time. The snow slipping off the roofs has burst a couple of gutters.Ah well… add that to the to do list.
    John

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.