Kilmarnock College

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Education Kilmarnock College

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jac
    Participant

I gave a presentation at Kilmarnock college today on sustainable agriculture and draft animal use. It was primarily to get the engineering students interested in designing new equipment for animal draft using new materials and even new ways to achieve farming tasks. The agricultural college at Ayr is now going to work with the engineering college and have offered to let them use the ag college as a proving ground for any new ideas. I will keep you all posted on any progress. There is a few on DAP who have the heads up on this already but if anyone else would like to help, the email for the principal is annallj@kilmarnock.ac.uk We hope to table a presentation at the 2012 olympics… there is a 3 day event being held to show case new horse drawn equipment during the olympics. The USA and Europe have an impressive array of equipment but Britain has very little. Doug Joiner is the chief orginiser.
    John

Marshall
    Participant

John, I am glad to see there is some interest in horse farming on your side of the pond. Over here it is get big or get out. Unless of course you are Amish. I don’t know about some of the others on this board but I can say I get called “half Amish” quite regularly.

jac
    Participant

My nickname on the railway was amish and to be fair the guys didnt use it in a derrogatory way.. The college is going down the carbon footprint route with the draft horse project but if it gets the idea in the door then Im happy..
    John

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.