line extenders

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Draft Animal Power Horses line extenders

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lizzy Koltai
    Participant

My lines are too short for my walking plow. What are your recommendations for line extenders? My lines don’t have buckles on them, but I do have a hole punch.

Thanks,
    Lizzy

carl ny
    Participant

I would punch a hole about 3 inches from the end of each line. Then get another line with a buckle on each end. Make it long enough so that when you drape it over your shoulders it has slack enough so you are not pulling on the horses mouth as you move around… Hope this helps..

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Hi Lizzy, I have used a short piece of rope before. or your might have a check rein or riding reins that would go in there. anything to fill the gap! d

JaredWoodcock
    Participant

If you don’t have a buckle and you need to tie some flat webbing type material on I like to use the “water knot”
    https://www.google.com/search?q=water+knot&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS786US786&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjrlavYsK7cAhXQTN8KHWYODDEQ_AUICygC&biw=1393&bih=733#imgrc=PfiyMZ6SMqQi_M:

You can usually pick up some webbing from a local hardware store, or use an old dong leash.

Mike Rock
    Participant

Hi,
    What happened to the forum? I know there were other posts within the last five months.

Something wrong with the website forum?

God bless.

Mike Rock

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.