Loading Horses

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pete Jesse
    Participant

I plan on doing some woods work a few miles from my barn. My horses load easily one at a time. My question is should I be able to load them together in full harness?
    If I do load them harnessed should they be tied in the trailer?

dominiquer60

When we load horses into the trailer with or with out harness we do it one at a time and tie them in the trailer, if they are harnessed we take bridles off and put halters back on. This is what works for us. If you have a wide trailer and small horses, two at a time may work if you feel that the animals and harness are not at risk of being damaged. Do what works for you AND feels safe.

Happy Woods Work,

Dennis
    Participant

Try it and see how they do. I normally load mine one at a time with out harnesses on and tie them when I leave. On the trip back it depends on what time it is and if I have any sunlight to unharness and hang them in the trailer. Sometimes I will leave the harness on, bridle off, and load them one at a time, other times I will just drive them on the back of the trailer, tie up and go. I have not had any issues with any way.

Pete
    Participant

I have drove mine on & off hooked to a log arch or forecart with no problems & left untied.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.