Log Rite – Logging Arch

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Carl Russell

Log Rite
    77 Industrial Pk.
    Vernon, CT 06066 860-870-5414

http://www.logrite.com/

Baystatetom
    Participant

I have been looking at those logrite arches in catalogs and wondered if they could be modified to use with oxen. I was thinking more of just a pole then a forcart interesting to see that picture though. I’ll have to keep on my wish list.

dominiquer60

At the Low Impact Forestry Workshop last Fall there was a young 4-Her that brought an 8 month old pair of steers. They where able to quickly modify a small log-rite so that he could move logs with his steers. He had a blast and from what I understand, his mother left with the info to get one for his Xmas present. So it is certainly possible.

Erika

Scott G
    Participant

I have a Norwood sliding beam arch that is equipped with a toungue/coupler for an ATV. My plan is to remove the current tongue and replace it with a Pioneer shaft adapter. Should work great for a single and be extremely maneuverable. The Pioneer adapter has a built-in riser that should maintain a correct line of draft while allowing the sliding-beam to operate as intended. Could work for a pole as well if you wanted to use a team but the arch might be tipped back a bit too much.

Inventiveness, ingenuity, and thinking outside of the box is what makes draft animal powered forestry work well…

Anonymous
    Inactive

i know this is an old tread but..YES!! it is possible kevin at logrite build me a single horse arch using the fetch as the base…the winch sits at the rear of the arch and ..yes.. it works!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.