Logging Demo Pay?

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Events Logging Demo Pay?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bradley

I am doing a Demo at the town forest in Walpole, Ma. with team, cart and scoot moving logs to a portable sawmill mostly on open flat ground and was wondering what to charge. The service forester who contacted me asked for an invoice, it’s 90 miles away and I will be there from 10 to 3. Any ideas or other thoughts? Thanks, Brad T.

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

I think charging for our information is sometimes a harder question to answer than it might appear. I would think the starting point is something for transportation. After that what is your motivation for the demo? Building a business for yourself, encouraging others to use draft power in their woods, or just sharing the animals with the public. How much of your time can you afford to give? If I wanted to build a logging business, I think I would start with some free demos, otherwise, just ask for what will make you happy to be there. My two cents. Donn

bradley

Thanks Donn, I wasn’t expecting to get paid at all, the forester just asked so they could have a check ready for when I get there. My motivation is all the that you mentioned above, so you are right. I will just go from mileage.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.