logging

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brad W Wi
    Participant

Caught a commercial on the Discovery Channel, there’s going to be a show or series on logging with mules. I didn’t catch it all but I “thought” they said on Tuesday. I just thought I’d put it out there.
    ________
    FORD IOSIS PICTURE

Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

We negotiated with Discovery for six weeks about this show. In the end they decided that our work was more about the environment than the “excitement and danger” that they were looking for in a show. It was intended to be a counter to History Channels Ax men. They said they would refer our story to the Discovery Planet Green Channel – Hollywood?

Meanwhile we are still trying to get our local editor to help us complete the next segment in the series on RH on RFD. He and his elderly mother have been very ill. We have the rough film of horses, mules and oxen in the woods and want to get it out before the new year.

I will watch this show too. I suspect it is going to be something like the Dirty Jobs mule logging deal, but who knows. I also suspect the object is to sensationalize the experience for entertainments sake. Maybe that is the formula for selling more exercise machines or who ever buys commercials from Discovery.

I just hope this show doesn’t put our work in a bad light with the public. Dangerous operation is not appealing to many private landowners and that is our client base.

We will keep doing what we do and educate the public about that work any way we can.

Our goal is to make the work controlled, safe, ecologically restorative and environmentally sensitive, maybe not the best way to attract couch potatoes that are looking for a thrill from watching TV.

Those that do the work know it is thrilling enough in the everyday setting of actually doing the work.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.