Looking for DAPNet committee members

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ethan Tapper
    Participant

Hello friends!
    DAPNet is entering into a new year with a (partially) new board of directors, and we are turning over rocks looking for non-board members to participate in our committees. The purpose of this post is specifically to see if anyone in our community is interested in joining the DAPNet Communications Committee, a committee that is presently understaffed. This committee generally meets via conference call for 1.5 hours once a month or once every two months, with flexible individual work in between meetings. The areas of DAPNet’s activities that the Communications Committee covers are:

-DAPNet’s resource website (draftanimalpowernetwork.org) and online forum (draftanimalpower.com): these two websites are managed by our webmaster but need maintenance and updating and are waiting for funding to be merged into one more functional website, at which point some conceptualization, redesign and reorganization will need to take place.

-DAPNet’s quarterly newsletter: this is a publication sent out in print and online 4 times a year. Needs for this include layout, finding articles, finding advertisers, and generally putting the whole thing together to form an enjoyable and well-presented newsletter.

-Membership: the communications committee is responsible for keeping track of DAPNet members and ensuring effective accounting and maintenance of our membership list.

-Networking: the communications committee is responsible for DAPNet’s initiative to network with, and connect the members of, draft animal and related organizations.

-Advertising and Promotion: promoting DAPNet events, raising public awareness of our organization and creating promotional materials for DAPNet.

If any of these roles sound like something you would be interested in, and you have some time to invest in our organization, please let me know. If not please keep an ear out for anyone that might be interesting in this opportunity to be a part of DAPNet.

Thanks, Ethan Tapper
    Secretary, The Draft Animal Power Network (DAPNet)

Robin
    Participant

Hi Ethan, I would like to help, but can only think of handing out literature and talking about DAP at our events, with or without the oxen. The oxen always draw folks. This year we did 9 events, one pending due to the hurricane due to hit. I have not attended the outings recently, things get hectic here and my night driving is not as good as it once was, so??????
    I do enjoy being a member and will try to help if I can. If you can think of anything else I might be able to do, please let me know.
    Best regards to all.
    Robin

Reva Seybolt
    Participant

this looks great! R

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.