Looking for Ox (or horse) powered logging in Dutchess Co. NY

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums The Front Porch Draft Animal Power Network Looking for Ox (or horse) powered logging in Dutchess Co. NY

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Josh Viertel
    Participant

Hi!

I’m new to the forum, and interested in working with oxen in the future. Right now we have some logging to do on our farm, and I’m hoping to find someone who logs with oxen in our area (south eastern dutchess county, NY, near the northwest CT border), or if not oxen, horses. We’d like to get a feel for how it is to work with them in the woods, while doing some stand thinning/improvement.

I spoke with Tom Jenkins from Blue Dog Forestry. He is great, but maybe a little far away, and suggested I post here to ask.

Thanks for any help/advice, and for all the great info on the site.

Josh

GFF
    Participant

Hi I see this post is from march but I was wondering if you found anyone to log your property yet. We have a team of mules that we use and my partner is a certified forester. If you are still in need of someone please let me know. We are just getting started up in the business so I’m sure we could work something out. We are based out of Orange County NY.
    Dave

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by GFF.
    Josh Viertel
    Participant

Hey Dave,

Great to hear from you. We are definitely still looking.

Should we set up a time to talk? I’m slammed this week, but end of next, I have some more time.

Can you email me at joshlviertel@gmail.com?
    Thanks,
    Josh

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.