Looking for single for logging

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Market Place Buy/Sell Livestock Looking for single for logging

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JaredWoodcock
    Participant

We are now settled in on our new farm so im starting to look for another horse. I have a few small logging jobs this winter and I would like to learn the ropes with a single horse. Farm work isnt demanding in the summer so the horse will be mostly for chores and recreation during the summer months.
    I have a couple local options but I thought I would try here to see what is available. Im looking for a “full size” draft but breed doesnt matter to me. I dont mind having to retrain, I am just looking for a calm steady disposition.
    If anyone has any leads let me know.

hardpan99
    Participant

Did you find your single?

JaredWoodcock
    Participant

Nope, I ended up buying a team. They will be here friday.

hardpan99
    Participant

Ok good for you. I saw that your post was from October, but thought I’d ask. I just have a team, but one of them really is better as a single logging horse. I’ve used him for a few years and managed ok with row crops. In the woods though his path doesn’t need to be quite as precise. He’s the kind of horse that would go right to a butcher shop if I took him to an auction. 19-20 years old with Sweeney and bad teeth! He’s been good to me So I’ll hang on to him until he dies or I find a special home for him.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.