Loose hay equip catalog.

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Books/Resouces Loose hay equip catalog.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    near horse
    Participant

http://www.archive.org/stream/loudenhayunloadi00loud#page/n0/mode/2up

I was bopping around the web and in the RH porch someone linked this archival catalog for Louden loose hay equipment – good pics and diagrams of loose hay setups. I know some here are interested in putting up loose hay – maybe these pics can help in your desiging/repairing a functional setup.

Have at it. Cool page e-page turner (I’m easily amused).

mitchmaine
    Participant

hey geoff, your catalog shows a set of eveners in the back pages that look like a photo someone sent in to small farm journal back aways. no one seemed to have a good idea what they were. but if i remember, the photo looked just like that set in your catalog.

andy mcevoy (dap) was over yesterday and we were talking about this book we found filled with stats and columns of figures from a 1939-1940 pulp cut here in northern maine. pulp hooks cost 10 cents, collars were $6. they cut from sept. through jan. 1st. three man crews with axes and pulp saws cytting 4-5 cord each day. enough men to pile up 35,000 cord. took 43,500 pounds of potatos and 6500 lb. of apples. an axe was $1.05 and the handle cost 30 cents. not that long ago.

merry christmas, mitch

Jay
    Participant

Thanks for this leed. We put up our hay loose and I have several odd pieces that I wasn’t sure just what they did and now I’ve got a better idea. Also more ideas of what I could do. thanks, Jay

jac
    Participant

Excellent Geoff !!! and some really modern looking dairy fixtures too… Happy Christmas all ….
    John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.