Maine Lippitt Morgan Skidding Log

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Draft Animal Power Horses Maine Lippitt Morgan Skidding Log

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Clay White
    Participant

1st try at a link…
    Tess the little, but handy morgan.
    Does anyone know others who use morgan’s for work?
    Thank You,
    C

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCR8gmY57Bs&feature=player_detailpage

Eli
    Participant

I have a 22 year old Morgan mare I don’t work with her but I was pulling a cart with skis on Saturday. She is about 700 lbs and has no quit in her she will trot for 5 miles without stoping turn around and trot home! never said no yet. I would take her in the woods if I had a collar for her. All I have is a 24 inch collar or a buggy harness. I was told a Morgan will always give you everything they have. Great now I want to buy a collar for our Morgan gypsy. Great video thanks for posting. Eli

jen judkins
    Participant

Clay, Neal Perry (http://www.nealperryfarm.com), a favorite DAPNet clinician and trainer, breeds, trains and works morgans extensively in northern Vermont. When I am an old lady, I will trade in my percherons for a team of his morgans…very nice animal.

Eli
    Participant

When I get home tonight I’m going to measure gypsy for a collar and look to see what I can find. I have a harness that will fit. Jen does this make me old I am having a birthday soon. Eli

Rod44
    Participant

Nice video, enoyed it.

Robert MoonShadow
    Participant

@Jen Judkins 38780 wrote:

When I am an old lady, I will trade in my percherons for a team of his morgans…very nice animal.

Jeez, Jen – that’d be, what, 45 or so more years from now?

LongViewFarm
    Participant

My Guys are a Belgian/ Morgan cross. I like the mix: size and stamina.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.