Manuals and Parts?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tadziu
    Participant

Where can I find manuals on Emerson plows, and Ih seed drills? Also, are there any books on fabricating parts? I am not an expert, but am finding replacement parts for some of this old equipment impossible to find. I realize a lot of things will be impossible for me to do, but I have to start somewhere. Also, a list of tools old and new would be helpful.

Marshall
    Participant

I got manuals for my IH planters and drill on ebay. There seems to be quite a few of them. If you watch you can find one reasonably priced.

Farrier
    Participant

http://www.draftanimalpower.com/showthread.php?p=21596#post21596

I can ship stuff anywhere in the U.S. I am building a wagon axle for a client in La. that I will be shipping to them. If I can help let me know.

As for your questions, ebay is a good source for manuals. A good set of sockets and wrenches and an assortment of screw drivers are the basic stuff. Buy top of the line tools because cheap tool will either break when you torque on them or they will round off rusty bolts. I also find a 4″ angle grinder and drill press indespensible. The tools I listed are what you need to make minor repairs and do normal maintainance. The truth is when it comes to making parts it is usually cheaper to have it made than trying to aquire all the required tools to do it yourself. The tools and machines I use on most if not all restoration projects that come through my shop are sandblaster, welder, milling machine, metal lathe, sheet metal break, torch, drillpress, forge, table saw, compound miter saw, wood lathe, planer, air compressor and a bunch of other tools, too numerous to list.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.