Manure on hay fields

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eli
    Participant

Do you spread manure on hat fields? If so is it compost do you drage it after spreading how much do you apply? Thanks Eli

carl ny
    Participant

To answer your questions…Yes,no,only if there are really big clumps,and as much as I can get.

carl

Eli
    Participant

Tomorrow I will start to spread I figure I have at least 20 loads. Hope to haul at least 5 but it is over a mile round trip. Should give my little team a workout. I put some nitrogen on it this spring but hope to cover it with manure and never buy comerical fertilizer again. Eli.

gwpoky
    Participant

Eli,

If I can get the time, I like to spread compost right after I put up a hay field I have noticed good yield results. Sometimes its hard to do as we try to catch up on the things we put off while we were haying. Good luck and have fun.

dlskidmore
    Participant

How much manure should go down? I have a contract baler on shares at the moment. He’s willing to invest in the land, wants to talk about reseeding part of it. Is there a formula I can give him, for every x loads of hay you take away, bring back y loads of manure? He didn’t do any amendments after first cutting, but I’d really like something to go down after second cutting to get a good chance to rot over winter.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.