Manure Spreader Information

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Equipment Category Equipment Manure Spreader Information

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CanoeTomah
    Participant

What size ground drive manure spreader would be appropriate for a team of Lippitt Morgans?
    Any experience in the new models ABI ,Peaquea 50 bushel models are in the 900lb range Other viable models. Would appreciate opinions of what would be viable with this horsepower. May be able to add 3rd horse.

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

I have been very impressed by the spirit and energy from the Morgan horses. Not unlike many of the smaller breeds of draft horses, their willingness to pull can be amazing. That said I think it is still important to match the size of the animal with the work we ask of them. I have seem some good horses soured because they were 1000# animals and all the farm had was discs, plows and spreaders for a big team. These were horses with a lot of heart but they found that every job was was hard when in reality some jobs should be a little easier than others. One advantage of the manure spreader is that you can fill it as much as you want. That can give you some flexibility and the option of expanding to a three horse hitch.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.