Manure Spreaders

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Equipment Category Equipment Manure Spreaders

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wamoo
    Participant

I’m researching 4-wheel ground-drive manure spreaders (or as my dad call them,”political platforms”) and have literature on both the “E-Z Spreader” and the “D.H. Welding” spreader…

Does anyone here have one of these spreaders? Thoughts? Comments? Regrets?

Also, what size manure spreader do you folks think a team can handle on flat to gentle rolling ground? Spreading dairy manure and bedding… no compost. The E-Z comes in 55 and 75 BU, and the D.H. comes in 85 and 110 BU. Thoughts? How big are your manure spreaders?

Looking forward to your replies!

Does’ Leap
    Participant

I am not familiar with those spreaders but I do have 80 bushel Lancaster, two wheel spreader that I hook to a forecart. I have hilly hayland and that size seems about right. The Lancaster is an excellent piece of machinery. I normally spread with 2 but will sometimes hook 3 depending on how much I am spreading. I generally spread 15 loads / day. I would think that well conditioned horses on flat land could handle 110 BU without too much problem and you can always load light if necessary.

George

back-forty
    Participant

I use a old Minnesota 4 wheel spreader on fairly hilly land with a team of two. I would agree with George that a 110 should work fine. I tend to set the apron speed low and spread a thin layer. Better coverage on my field and easier on the spreader and the team and if needed you can always load lighter if needed.

mickeyt
    Participant

How about a 4 wheeled New Deal manure spreader I just bought with pneumatic tires. How can I find the model name and perhaps a User Manual?

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

I would look for a small metal plate on the lower left frame. It may have come off or been painted over. A user’s manual would be a good idea, but they are pretty simple to use with or with out one. Let us know if you have questions about how it works. Donn

Wamoo
    Participant

An update: I recently purchased an International 200-H spreader. It’s complete, the floor is good, has been kept lubricated, and used until recently. It does need some work, but mostly just cosmetic.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Wamoo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.