May be getting a Mule

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Draft Animal Power Mules May be getting a Mule

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    horsemedic47
    Participant

Going to look at a Mule tomorrow up in Maine. Are they any sites I can check out?

j.l.holt
    Participant

Don’t you look at the sites first, then go look at the mule ?

horsemedic47
    Participant

I was reading a book on mules and was looking for a little more information.

j.l.holt
    Participant

My wife has corrected me. She said there was a lady on TV the other day that sais they had to pass the new so they could read what was in it… Who would of thought,,,,,,, Im so behind the times.

horsemedic47
    Participant

I am too behind the times

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

What would you like to know about mules? I don’t know much but I will answer any question you have! I am currently waiting for one so you tell me the gestation. Some books say depends on if it is a john, or a molly; some say it takes a few days longer in Jan – march and less in April to June. Some say it depends on the phase of the moon; and one book says a draft mule will be born between 11 and 14 months. I am sure that is true.

Tom S
    Participant

All I have ever had are riding mules. I have a 6 yr old molly and two johns, one 4 and the other 7. They were born on my place. I have raised several. I have been around mules for about 12 years. I am not a teamster so I can’t help you on driving them, but if I can answer any questions about them, let me know.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.