Meeting Eddie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Here are a couple pictures of Eddie, He is a coming three year old Mammoth Jack Donkey. Hopefully he will be breeding a few mares this summer. He just arrived from Kentucky yesterday, and we took these right after he arrived. He badly needed a hoof trimming, but he stood for almost an hour while I tended to his feet. Very friendly and easy to handle. That might be because of the all night truck ride but I think it is more than that.

dominiquer60

He is a handsome devil, much nicer than the red, chromed and pinstriped mid-life crisis purchases that some guys make:)

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

I guess I was lucky to trim his feet right off the trailer. He was a little subdued that day. I guess to day he is a little more “alert and lively”. I wish he lived here, but I think that will pass if I get a few mares bred and have mules to work with. He will live in Ovid, NY on the farm of Menno Stoltzfus. I plan to head over and start building breeding stocks in the next couple weeks.

Robert MoonShadow
    Participant

Mustn’t let my Jenny-Mae get a glimpse of him; she’s got work to do, and doesn’t have time for romance w/ a dashing guy like that! {Although I think SHE’D disagree!} :rolleyes:

Nat(wasIxy)
    Participant

oh wow, I would really love a mammoth donkey!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.