Modern Horse Logging Workshop in Va

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Market Place Working Situations Modern Horse Logging Workshop in Va

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

Hello DAP Friends,

My son Jagger and I are offering a private instructional course in the Blue Ridge Mountains again this spring. I am going to attempt to attach an ad that describes the event and location. I hope it works. Please let us know if you have any interest in attending. Oops, didn’t work so here is the text and other information.

The cost is $1600.00 for the entire week everything included. We require a deposit of half to reserve a spot. We only have a few slots left as we like to keep the numbers down to give everyone adequate one on one time in a hands on setting.

Please share this with anyone interested in state of the art training. Below is the text from the ad we run in some commercial publications.

We have decided to again offer private instruction in the skills necessary to practice restorative forestry through the use of modern horse logging. In response to several inquiries, my son and I are going to hold a one week hands-on seminar in modern horse logging the week of April 7-11, 2008 – Arrive on Sunday evening and leave on Friday evening. This course will include: chainsaw skills/safety, “restorative forestry” principles, modern natural horsemanship, sustainable business development and how much fun it is to log with a great team of horses. This course is based on my 30 years of experience in the forest of the Appalachian region complemented by the addition of my son, Jagger Ian Rutledge, as an instructor. We intend for this experience to be “hands on” for the students. We will be working on private forest in our community. We have reserved 5 rooms at the beautiful Bent Mountain Lodge for comfortable accommodations in the community. You may visit their web site at: http://www.bentmountainlodgebedandbreakfast.com

If you have an interest in this type of work, this is a great place to learn more from experienced world class instructors. This work is dangerous and labor intensive, but done properly, it can be very rewarding personally and financially. References are available from former students upon request. There are a limited number of participants possible, so give us a call and make some plans. We look forward to hearing from you. You will never see the forest or your work animals the same again. Call in the evenings for details.

Warm Salute,
    Jason and Jagger Rutledge
    Environmentally Sensitive Logging and Lumber Co.
    Ridgewind Farm Suffolks
    8014 Bear Ridge Rd. SE
    Copper Hill, Va. 24079
    540-651-6355
    rutledge@swva.net

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.