Most users ever online was 425, Yesterday at 09:30 PM.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Carl Russell

Frickin’ A…….:eek: Most users ever online was 425, Yesterday at 09:30 PM. Just moved up a click on the the google search I bet.

Carl

carl ny
    Participant

Far out, I think I was on about that time.It’s almost that time now, wonder how we’ll do tonight.

carl ny

Eli
    Participant

That’s awesome

jen judkins
    Participant

Must be why I got over 400 bogus troll requests to sort through last night….oi day!

Andy Carson

The compete site analytic tool (http://siteanalytics.compete.com/draftanimalpower.com/) shows the number of unique visitors per month fluctuates somewhat, but is generally between 3000 and 7000 visitors per month. Unique visits have picking up lately, Sept 2012 was the lowest in the last year with only 3270 visits per month, Oct went up to 4011, Nov 2012 was 4588, and Dec 2012 numbers aren’t in yet. Still, we have a ways to go to attract the number of unique visitors that we had in Jan 2012 (7227 visits). Perhaps this 425 visitors is actifactual. If not, perhaps this means we are engaging repeat visitors to a higher degree. This could cause the number of users online at a given moment to increase without increasing the number of unique visits.

Michel Boulay
    Participant

Andy can you compare January 2012 with July 2012. I come on the site every day mostly to have a look at what is going
    on like all of you. But over the years have noticed that we are all less on the site in summer months, which would be normal
    for everybody being busy at whatever we do in those months. Lets you wonder if all those 7000 visits are people with horses
    and even drafts. We could also over analyse easily. But it is great to see the interest in the site and number of visits the site
    can get in any given time.
    Mike

Andy Carson

Sure Mike,
    July had 5892 unique visits. From a seasonal point of view, it looks like activity is lowest in early fall and, moderate thoughout the summer, and fluctates wildly in the winter.

Mark Cowdrey
    Participant

Just for a little context:
    http://siteanalytics.compete.com/ruralheritage.com/
    It is not apples to apples since it is tracking the whole site , not just the message board.
    Mark

Andy Carson

Good point, Mark. 1/3 of the way to Rural Heritage is strong work. Here’s another comparison. http://siteanalytics.compete.com/smallfarmersjournal.com/
    Note the difference between a site that has a strong message board and one that does not. All these comparisons are apples to oranges to some degree, but there is still much we can learn from them.

tmorrison
    Participant

This all very new to me, my question is if you have so many users on line yesterday, where are the recent posts/responses, or does this not indicate posts but simply views? I keep looking for interesting things and contacts from recent posts but I don’t seem to be able to find any.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.