mower hitch

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jac
    Participant

The fotos below are of a slide hitch I plan to use on my new pole I got from Pioneer for my mower. The metalwork on my old pole was shot. I would like some advice on the positioning of the bracket. Do I set the shackle {which takes the evener} to the rear of the slider with the pole in work height and the cutter down ?.. Any help would be great as I dont want to end up drilling too many holes… thanks in advance people..
    John

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Hi John, I would just be guessing as it is not a machine I am familiar with, but guessing has never stopped me before. I would mount the slider in the middle of the space, with tongue up to working height and cutter bar down. this allows for cutter head moving up over bumps and down through a dip with a constant pull from the evener. While the design of a McD is quite different, their swinging evener attachment should allow the same range of motion.

jac
    Participant

Thanks Donn.. that sounds about right. My machine is an Albion from around 1920/30.. original metal was a pivot with the evener attatched in the centre with the pull bar on the bottom but as I had this slider off another model I thought I would save a bit of fabricating. Thanks again and I’ll let you know how it goes… got a start to the welding of my pto hitchcart BTW..
    John

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.