Mower Rendezvous – 2016

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Events Mower Rendezvous – 2016

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Hey gang, Check out all the great events we have already scheduled for this year! (go to EVENTS above). Lots of fun and exciting thigh with more still to come.

The Mower Rendezvous will be at my farm the first weekend in March and my idea for this event is a friendly get together, where a bunch of us can work together on any mower project or problem folks like. We can set the timing and lead or pull #9 wheels, or change a pitman bushing; anything we want. There are lots of mowers and parts here, so just let me know what you would like to work on, or feel free to bring something if you can fit it in! If folks like we can even visit an Amish shop on Monday morning. Just an invite for anyone that wants a chance to visit our farm that can’t make it in the height of the season! Also check out my new dump cart/ log cart / fore cart, and snow plow. Plenty of room for folks to sleep on the floor and fix a meal. I can also direct folks to a nice reasonable motel close by.

This registration is currently open and working on-line. Soon we will have registration working for all the events this year.

Finally, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year! I hope our draft animal powered dreams come true, and we all have a safe productive 2016. Donn

Tom Coughlin
    Participant

Great idea Donn, I hope me and my mower can make it , I would love to see your place. Tom Coughlin

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

We had a great weekend for the Mower rendezvous. We had five participants including me and it was a lot of fun. We worked on two different mowers that will both be set up with shafts for one horse use. I helped folks and demonstrated how different parts go together, but everyone else did all the work to rebuild these cutter bars and timing and lead. We even used a piece of a beer can to shim the outer shoe to perfection! Here is a link to a video of one of the mowers being tested!

next year I hope to do something similar and call it BYOM (build your own mower!).

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Here is a link to a few photos from the weekend. https://picasaweb.google.com/104553934853439556912/2016MowerRendezvous

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.