Mower Settings for Lodged Hay

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Equipment Category Equipment Mower Settings for Lodged Hay

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Does’ Leap
    Participant

Hi Mark, thanks for the info on sharpening the guards. We just finished mowing the last of our first cut and I will give the guards a touch-up in preparation for second cut.

Jelmer, I would be interested to see some more detailed pictures of how that cutting system is set up and how it functions. Any chance you can post some more?

Thanks.

George

Jelmer
    Participant

George,

What I found out is that te mower in the picture is still in process. The search there is for the right parts to make the bar fit.

However I am contacting another person.

I will keep you posted.

Jelmer.

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Hi Jelmer, How is it going? Hope to see you this week. That is a fascinating mower. I didn’t know there was a #10 in Europe. It looks like a combination a #7 and a #9. #9 have the drive pawls in the wheel hubs and this mower doesn’t appear to have that. it looks like a lot of re manufacturing to set up the double knives. I will be very interested to see how that works. Donn

Jelmer
    Participant

Hey Donn,

My plans changed quite a bit unfortunately.

I´m asking for more pictures of such a converted mower with double knives and will post the news here.

I´ll make new post for the D-10 to keep topics seperate.

Jelmer
    Participant

Continueing on the old mower with upgraded double knives:

This Mc Cormick D-10 mower has been changed from a single knive mower to a double knive mower. Today was the first try out, which went really well. Soon they will be cutting the second cut with it.
    This was in Germany (I wasn´t there), here the pictures:

Best,

Jelmer

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.