my new mule!

• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

See pictures here of my new mule! She was born last night around 1 am. I awoke to the donkey announcing the arrival. I hurried out to separate mother and foal from the herd as she came a week or two before we expected her. She is named Leora Gabriel for David Fisher’s kids, who were here for breeding day, but since I like to work with short names, I think she will mostly go by Lee. Cheers to everyone, I have had a great day. Donn

Click on the word “here” to see the pictures.

dominiquer60

A red Molly! she is going to be one heck of a mule when she grows up. I am so glad that your mammoth jack worked out for you. I hope they bless you with another so that you can have a nice team of reds.

Best Wishes,

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Hi Erika, I know I shouldn’t say it, but I am hoping for more than two red mules! I plan to sell all the other mules that are born and keep only these. In a few years I should have a real span of red mules.

JayChase
    Participant

Nice pictures! It is always exciting when the family grows…even more so when you have planned it!
    Jay

dominiquer60

Sounds like you need another nice Suffolk mare for your plans 🙂

J-L
    Participant

GOOD looking mule baby Donn! Going to breed her back on the foal heat? Pretty late in the year I guess.
    That is a good looking brood mare as well, what do the Suffolk people think of you plugging her into a jack?
    Congratulations.

karl t pfister
    Participant

congratulations donn any live color is a good color , do you have any black mares with a cakes baking in the oven ?
    Something out of kilter can’t see the photos good luck ! !

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Hi Karl and JL, The only real Suffolk breeder I know seems to have forgiven me! My mules could be good advertising for the breed. If I work the animals I will have done all one person can really do for the future of draft power. The little nipper had its halter on today!

Karl, I think Poly is pregnant! I never had her vet checked this year because I never saw her come into heat or being breed, but now it appears to me any way that he breed her late last year. I guess another month or two will tell. I just sold Guy the other day. He came along way with me, but we weren’t going much further. I wanted room for all the foals and a neighbor wanted to hook him with another Percheron gelding in need of a partner. Talk to you soon, Donn

grey
    Participant

Very nice!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I toyed with the idea of breeding two Suffolk mares to a jack, most people I talked to made it sound like sacrilege, and I had no clue on how to pick out a jack. Glad to see you are doing it, I’d like to make it out some day to check them out.

Ronnie Tucker
    Participant

the white nose will always show up good.hope you are getting along alright. bred her back on foal heat. ronnie

Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

Hi all, here is another new  mule “pete”.   Clink on the word HERE for a link to my web album.  Donn

Anonymous
    Inactive

congrats donn and maryrose. pete is a beauty!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.