NE Connecticut Farm

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Market Place Working Situations NE Connecticut Farm

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Erin Achenbach
    Participant

Hello. My name is Erin and my boyfriend and I have recently moved on to a 1770s farmstead in Killingly, Connecticut with 13 acres of mixed use land. We have hopes to create a store and agricultural interest with long term hopes of farm stays and on farm events. Currently we have a barnyard with sheep, goats, birds, a pig and a rescued 13 year old Amish draft horse. We would love to find a caretaker/ partner to grow with us on this journey. Tiny house/ RV parking available for farm work trade.

dominiquer60

Welcome to the neighborhood Erin, we are just across the river in Pomfret. If you want to talk shop, tomorrow I will be at the Killingly Grange Winter Farmer’s Market vending from 10 to 1. I try to get there early to set up and have breakfast (they make a nice spread) before the market starts. The Grange is on 101 just east of Farm Credit. Also there is a Logging with Draft Animals workshop at Yale Myers Forest, 10 to 1 on Sunday, there will be other local teamsters that you can meet there. Best Wishes and we hope to meet you soon.

Erika
    http://abingtongrown.com/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.