NEAPFD going forward

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark Cowdrey
    Participant

Taking Carl’ comment & going forward;
    … describing NEAPFD as a professional conference. It really explains a lot about the attendance levels. Every year there are about the same amount of people, all of whom are very serious and focused on the content that is available. We know that this crowd is not made of money, and at the urging of several folks to try to make it affordable to attract more people, we have kept the gates fees lower than they actually should be.

When I think of this as a professional conference, which has always been the emphasis, and take into consideration that we get about the same number of serious attendees every year, and not many off the street, I wonder if those who have attended would pay $50/day. If we had been collecting $50/person/day then we would be having a completely different conversation about the future of this event and the network that it has highlighted.

I wonder if it would be possible to set up an anonymous straw poll to get that info from DAP members? It would be interesting info to have at our early November meeting.

Mark

Carl Russell
    Mark Cowdrey;21450 wrote:
    ……

I wonder if it would be possible to set up an anonymous straw poll to get that info from DAP members? It would be interesting info to have at our early November meeting.

Mark

Number one, we are going to include this question on our NEAPFD evaluation for…. available soon via link …….

Number two, I think we can set up a poll here too.

Number three, I wish we had thought to ask this before, but sometimes you just have to get to a certain point before you can really see what’s going on.

Carl

Theloggerswife
    Participant

Is there a way for those who didn’t attend the meeting, but would like to be included in the conference call to get on the “list”?

Carl Russell
    Theloggerswife;21452 wrote:
    Is there a way for those who didn’t attend the meeting, but would like to be included in the conference call to get on the “list”?

Yes, we will post minutes, and ask for anyone else that wants to be included….. soon.

Carl

Robin
    Participant

Do you really want the minutes to be this public, or e-mail privately to members? I am not sure you have my phone #, but you do have my e-mail.
    This was a great event, inspite of the rain. You know I will help anyway I can.

jac
    Participant

Seems to me the NEAPFD can’t be called anything other than professional !!.. When someone says to me ” Oh you’re doin it the old fashioned way “… I reply… “Nope… this is state of the art”.. and you have a helper here… 3000 miles away granted…. but a helper all the same:)..
    John

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.