Need cleaner that’s safe to use around my puppies

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Draft Animal Power Animal Health Need cleaner that’s safe to use around my puppies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jaydon
    Participant

I have two puppies that love to get in the middle of everything that I do from cleaning, putting groceries away, and other obligations around the house. However, I am concerned with their safety around the pet care products. Because there are strong chemicals mixed in these products, I want to find some pet cleaning products that are safe to use around dogs. I have heard of ActiveIon. Or has anyone used an enzyme based cleaner like this Carpet Stain Removal solution? If anyone could let me know good SAFE cleaners that I can buy, I’d appreciate it.

“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.” – Albert Einstein

Robin
    Participant

We have used white vinegar for cleaning. There is a website for many of its uses.
    Also club soda will take stains out. Airline attendants use it all the time for spills.
    Peroxide also has some cleaning value.
    I am sure there are many other things…..baking soda is another.
    We, also, use white vinegar and salt as weed killer. It will not hurt the animals and does a fair job.

Fermentation
    Participant

my vote is Raw Organic Apple cider vinegar. I like the brand braggs. The plus is that you can eat it too 😉 I never use white vinegar, most of it is synthetic and made from Charcoal and tar. they don’t tell you that! I also vote for plain baking soda. Third and last is castille soap, like Dr. Bronners unscented. If the first two can’t do it, move to a new location. You’re never need anything beyond those three rarely for household cleaning and etc. IMVHO as always DYODD ( Do your own Due Dilligence)

OldKat
    Participant

@Fermentation 9293 wrote:

my vote is Raw Organic Apple cider vinegar. I like the brand braggs. The plus is that you can eat it too 😉 I never use white vinegar, most of it is synthetic and made from Charcoal and tar. they don’t tell you that! I also vote for plain baking soda. Third and last is castille soap, like Dr. Bronners unscented. If the first two can’t do it, move to a new location. You’re never need anything beyond those three rarely for household cleaning and etc. IMVHO as always DYODD ( Do your own Due Dilligence)

I don’t have access to the “raw organic” part, but I do feed 3 oz per day per head of apple cider vinegar to each of our horses. I can’t remember the last time I have tested them for internal parasites (worms) and found a positive.

LStone
    Participant

Hi Kat,

I heard using cider vinegar may help keep the flies down too. Do you have any knowlege of any truth to that? Also how do you feed it? Do you just dump in to the grain? Might be just the human in me, but although I like it myself on the veggies it seems kinda harsh to mix it in with my cereal.

Larry

OldKat
    Participant

I drizzle it directly over their feed and then sort of roll it in like you would mix ingredients for baking something.

Not sure about the flies. The biggest fly problem I have is the common house fly and what seems to be the variable there is how much rain we have had recently. More rain equals more flies. That said, it wouldn’t surprise me to learn that it helps to reduce the population.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.