New team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Eli
    Participant

I bought a team of Halflinger Quarter horse cross horses. They are half brother sister team 13 years old together all of their life. Drove to Minasota this morning drove them around backed side passed walked trotted and stopped good so I bought them. I finally have a broke team like I should have started with now all I need is time to drive them. Eli

Congrats
    and hey, yes, they need to be worked 😉

Eli
    Participant

I drove my new team today hitched them to the log arch and drove all over the farm and down the road. They walked through puddles didn’t mind cars passing stood tied the mare is a little more nervous then the gelding but very manageable. Now I have to go out of town for a week to install a chiller. My daughter will most likely drive them wile I’m gone. I will try to get then hooked as much as can and to as many things as I can. I can’t wait to hook them again. Eli

dominiquer60

Congrats! Enjoy them, thank goodness your daughter can work them, idol time will spoil even the best teams and teamsters 🙂

Eli
    Participant

I am lucky my daughter is so good with horses. She works with them all the time. And now that we have a broke team to work scarlet(my mare)with I think we will make progress with her,she did good by the Amish but gives us he’ll single thanks. Eli

Eli
    Participant

I was disking with my new team today most fun I had in a long time. Eli

Jean
    Participant

Can you post some pictures of them?

Eli
    Participant

disking and other pics

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Eli
    Participant

Chester is on the right Abby is on the left they are a good little team 13 years old been together their whole life. Different mother same father. I should have bought a broke team sooner I can’t wait to get home from work and hook them. So far I have pulled log arch a two wheeled cart and the disk. I hope to rake second crop hay but time will tell. Eli

CanoeTomah
    Participant

Great looking team Eli.
    Have fun working them.
    Just curious how tall are they?

Eli
    Participant

Abby is 57″ Chester is 60″ and they love to pull. Eli

Jonathan Shively
    Participant

I have had a few QH/Haflinger crosses. That is a great cross in my opinion. Gets some horse brains into those ponies willingness. It is just a cross I like and have had a couple of teams of them. The more you work them, the more you will like them, the more you will find to do with them. Don’t fall into the trap of all teams are this good and sell them for a couple dollars profit, this type of team is priceless and I fell into that trap and spent about five years with a junk horse that tore up more than she helped.

Eli
    Participant

So far so good with the team they have done everything I have asked them. The mare gets a little wound up but is getting better every day. Tomorrow I want to rake hay we only have a few rows on the edge of the field should be a pretty good test. I don’t plan on ever selling them. Eli

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.