New website

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Traveling Woodsman
    Participant

Check out my new website, http://www.sinkingcreekhorselogging.com

Let me know what you think.

Carl Russell

Looks great. Nice to know more about you, Carl

dominiquer60

It looks nice and gives some well explained information. Did you do it yourself? What software did you use? I am currently getting text and pictures together for a site for our farm, but I don’t care for the restrictions of my mac iweb program so any suggestions would be appreciated. I definitely like the way yours is put together and it is easy to navigate.

Good work,

Erika

Traveling Woodsman
    Participant

@dominiquer60 15812 wrote:

It looks nice and gives some well explained information. Did you do it yourself? What software did you use? I am currently getting text and pictures together for a site for our farm, but I don’t care for the restrictions of my mac iweb program so any suggestions would be appreciated. I definitely like the way yours is put together and it is easy to navigate.

Good work,

Erika

I did do all of it myself, and it probably wouldn’t have happened if I had not been forced by my doctor to sit all day. It was engaging in certain ways though, just different than skidding logs all day with my team. 🙂

I actually did all of it on iWeb on my MacBook Pro. The templates are highly modified (mostly used “blank” templates). As you can see I came up with my own color scheme and layout, I pretty much retained just the navigation bar from the template. I know iWeb is not the most flexible or powerful software out there, but for me it works good because it’s easy to use and is seamlessly integrated with the rest of my computer, making it very easy to modify/update the site. Once I get mobile again (start walking) I probably won’t be as inclined to spend hours on my computer, so it needs to be easy to use for me to get around to it.

I found out everything I needed to know from google searches. There are actually a number of good iWeb related sites with tips and such on using it.

So there’s some of my thoughts….

Scott G
    Participant

Great site, Ben!

I added your link to my site and the DAPF contact site.

One suggestion, you may want to make it so that your outside links open in a new window. Otherwise when people start visiting the other links and start exploring from there they navigate away from your site and can get lost. If a link is opened in a new window and they close it, you’re still there! A bit of marketing…

Take care,
    Scott

Traveling Woodsman
    Participant

@Scott G 15820 wrote:

Great site, Ben!

I added your link to my site and the DAPF contact site.

One suggestion, you may want to make it so that your outside links open in a new window. Otherwise when people start visiting the other links and start exploring from there they navigate away from your site and can get lost. If a link is opened in a new window and they close it, you’re still there! A bit of marketing…

Take care,
    Scott

Thanks for the tip, I’ll do it.

Rick Alger
    Participant

What I saw looks great, but it wouldn’t fuuly load. I’m on dial up so it’s probably my problem, but anyway I thought I’d let you know.

Rick Alger
    Participant

What I saw looks great, but it wouldn’t fully load. I’m on dial up so it’s probably my problem, but anyway I thought I’d let you know.

Traveling Woodsman
    Participant

@Rick Alger 15881 wrote:

What I saw looks great, but it wouldn’t fully load. I’m on dial up so it’s probably my problem, but anyway I thought I’d let you know.

Good to know, thanks.

J-L
    Participant

Nice job Ben. I wish I had known you were out here in Wyoming. Would have been fun to visit you. I have wandered around in the Hoback area a bit. It can be steep in places. Did you enjoy it?

Traveling Woodsman
    Participant

I had a lot of fun living and working in Wyoming. I actually lived in the Green River Valley, near Pinedale. Our work took us up toward the Hoback quite a bit. It’s such different country than back here, there’s things I like about both. The mountains out there are so cool, I did get to climb several while I was out there, including Gannett Peak.

I worked with an experienced horse logger there named Doug Strike, who has logged with horses in WY for about 35 years. He’s knows his stuff. He lives near Pinedale too.

Where are you at J-L?

J-L
    Participant

I live down by Ft. Bridger, Lyman, Mtn. View area (very south west corner). We all travel to the Pinedale, Big Piney, Jackson area a lot playing sports and hunting and fishing. I really liked the Hoback country and love to visit the Wind Rivers. I used to swing up through that country shoeing horses for the dude outfits as well. I’ve been doing a little thinning for private landowners around here to keep down the fire danger, similar to what you have pictured (but with mules). I’ll bet it’s been interesting going so far and wide working like you do. Makes for some good reading and love the pictures.

Traveling Woodsman
    Participant

Wow, I just bought a horse trailer from a guy in Mountain View. That’s a cool area with the Uinta’s in the distance. I almost did a big dam overhaul job for the Forest Service up in the Uinta’s, but politics and other junk ended up getting in the way. And I really love the Winds too, they are a very unique range.

I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that I’d end up back out there at some point, if I do I’ll have to look you up.

J-L
    Participant

Please do feel free to look me up. I have a small ranch here and am home pretty much all the time (some where on the ranch) and if you need to lay up with your horses I have corrals and hay.
    Most people don’t know about the Uinta’s. Pretty cool little mountain range that gets to near 14,000′. I live south of Mtn. View on the way to the mountains.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.