New Western Harness, Hames, Collars, Pads, Lines for 18 h Percherons

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Equipment Category Draft Animal Drawn Equipment Buyer’s Guide Harnesses, Yokes & Related Equipment New Western Harness, Hames, Collars, Pads, Lines for 18 h Percherons

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    daniel grover
    Keymaster

Hello,

We’re bringing a second team onto the farm today and we’re shopping for harness for them. We’re looking for plain biothane farm harness. Meaders quoted $1254 for team harness, $225/ea for split leather collars, and $35/ea for pads. Total $1774 plus freight.

Wondering what folks think about this price and what experiences this community can share about buying harness, resources, etc.

Thanks much,

Daniel

Brad Johnson
    Participant

Daniel-
    Might be worth going back to older threads about harness makers and the like, as I remember some excellent info shared on these subjects shared here on the site. In short, I have only used dring style harness with my horses, and I use biothane harness from Meaders. They work well and are plenty durable, but I had to do lots of adjustment to make them fit well, including shortening the front tugs and extending the metal ends of the traces.
    -Brad

LongViewFarm
    Participant

My team harness made by the local harness maker, was a bit more than that, but had lots of adornment. I still had to buy collars and pads. Check with local harness makers too. Best to shop around.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.