Newsletter – Call for content

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Scott G
    Participant

Getting ready to start working on this. Still looking at the best, least expensive software format/program to initially put this together. Will use 2002 MS Publisher unless any of you folks have a better alternative.

Jim O. and Jason you’re still on for being integrally involved with the “editorial & publishing board”. Any others interested in the nuts & bolts who would like to jump in don’t let me hold you back.

All others, this is a call for content. At a minimum, a few paragraphs on your operation and methods. Additional material would be very welcome as well.

One of my favorite aspects of the HLIN was the “who’s doin” section. I think that sentiment is shared by many. Speaking of HLIN, Gregg I know you are officially “retired” from the newsletter biz but you’re advisory insight would be invaluable.

Jim Ostergard
    Participant

Scott, I’ll get cooking on the feature I’m thinking of and send my “graph” on who I am and how I got started in the next day or so. Been awful quiet here but lets hope it is because everybody is working.
    Jim

Scott G
    Participant

Thanks Jim, hope all is well with you.

We may have to pry for content and I, like you, hope it is because everyone is busy.

I’m still waiting for the snow & mud to end here. It seems as though winter just won’t end. We have received a continuous stream of storms since mid-March. I can’t recall ever having this much snowfall this far into May. The ground needs to do some serious drying before I can get after it with any continuity.

Thanks again,
    Scott

Carl Russell

I will work on material this week. Mindlessly busy here right now.
    Carl

Scott G
    Participant

Thanks, Carl! I really appreciate it. Don’t bust a gut getting it done though.

Feeling fortunate, got through the last 3 days with just a few flurries and the ground has dried out some except for the holes and hillsides that are still a couple feet deep in snow. Went to look at a lodgepole sale this past Friday and we were swimming in 3-4′ of snow pack still on that site.

There’s talk about us getting walloped again at the end of the week.

Might turn out to be one of those non-summers we sometimes get. There is a mountain range about 30 miles to the west of me that is called the “Never Summers”. No guessing where that name came from…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.