No.7 mower tapered pins/bolts

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Equipment Category Equipment No.7 mower tapered pins/bolts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hardpan99
    Participant

This question is for those experienced in No.7 repair. Is F43 from the owner’s manual parts list the tapered bolt holding the pawl housings to the left and right axles? Have you ever located a tapered bolt replacement part??
    Thanks!

Jay
    Participant

I have used parts from a scrapped machine. I haven’t tried to find such a part.

hardpan99
    Participant

Thanks Jay. Turns out Master Equipment stocks an aftermarket equivalent part. I just ordered a few.

Jay
    Participant

Thanks. That’s good to know.

hardpan99
    Participant

Actually the threaded portion on the parts from Master are too short. I’m making a drawing of the original to have a shop make one locally.

hardpan99
    Participant

It turns out that D.A.Hochstetler of Topeka, IN makes these for Master Equipment to sell. I’m not sure why they make the pins with the short threads…..something about them being used on the No.9?? I’m not aware of the 9 using tapered bolts but I’m less familiar with that mower. Anyway I contacted them directly and they made a version with the correct longer thread for me. The total length of the part should be 3-7/8″ with the threaded portion being 7/8″ of that. So, if you need F43 for a No.7 contact D.A. Hochstetler directly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.