Oops!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LongViewFarm
    Participant

Maybe I need a checklist.
    I’ve been working out of the horse trailer mostly for the last 6 weeks, going to a logging job and just leaving the harness in there in between. There hasn’t been a lot of time to go out between teaching school and early darkness, but I had a wagon job today. Brough the wagon over last week and dropped it off. Checked the trailer last night- harness yes, bridles yes…

Then drove to work today (40 mins) without my neck yoke. The logging arch has one permanently attached but I need one for the wagon, and totally forgot. No cell service so I went inside the outdoor center where I’m working to use the phone. A friend owes me a favor and drove it over double quick and we were able to start work just 10 mins late. Everyone was OK and understanding.

Now the yoke stays in the trailer too until March at least. I’d much prefer to make this mistake again than any that injures a horse or person.

Tyler Sage
    Participant

Yokes and eveners aren’t too expensive. I made the same mistake. After that I made sure to buy extras so I can keep sets in the trailer and at the farm.

JaredWoodcock
    Participant

I would just take off my belt and throw one wrap around the pole, good to go 😉

Goranson Farm
    Participant

So Jared, You use a western or D-Ring with that belt set up?

JaredWoodcock
    Participant

That would depend more on my belt buckle and choice of hat than the harness that happens to be slung over the horses 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.