original horse whisperer

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Books/Resouces original horse whisperer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jac
    Participant

Hi .. Just thought I’d tell you about a book I got. “The Quest for the Original Horse Whisperer” by Russell Lyon.. Traces the roots of the old horsemen and their secret society that was at its peak in the early 20th century Scotland. A great read and the cover price islisted in dollars as well as pounds so it might be available over there with you.. Here is a recipe for fly repelant that might just work.. I would have tried it myself but cant seem to find any wallnut trees in these parts..

3 handfulls of wallnut leaves and pour on 3 quarts of water. Let them infuse all night and pour the whole next morning into a kettle and boil for a quarter of an hour. When the mixture is cold it is fit for use…

Some of the other recipies for horse ailments contain very dodgy looking ingredients.
    John

OldKat
    Participant

@jac 14735 wrote:

Hi .. Just thought I’d tell you about a book I got. “The Quest for the Original Horse Whisperer” by Russell Lyon.. Traces the roots of the old horsemen and their secret society that was at its peak in the early 20th century Scotland. A great read and the cover price islisted in dollars as well as pounds so it might be available over there with you.. Here is a recipe for fly repelant that might just work.. I would have tried it myself but cant seem to find any wallnut trees in these parts..

3 handfulls of wallnut leaves and pour on 3 quarts of water. Let them infuse all night and pour the whole next morning into a kettle and boil for a quarter of an hour. When the mixture is cold it is fit for use…

Some of the other recipies for horse ailments contain very dodgy looking ingredients.
    John

There are some walnut trees growing just off the shoulder of the road just about 1/4 mile from our house. I think I’ll try this next fly season.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.