Ox Eye Problems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dominiquer60

This morning while watching my steers at the water trough I noticed that my off steers near eye had a red growth. It appeared to be on the eyeball under his upper lid, but perhaps on a near by membrane. It can only be seen when he rolls his eye, not at normal state of dull alertness. When I try to grab his upper lid to have a closer look I can’t seem to get to they eye itself amongst all the lids and membranes to see the problem closer. It doesn’t seem to bother him at all so I am not too worried, but I will keep a watch on it in case it wants to become a problem.

Has anyone had experience with something like this before? I have seen “Cancer Eye” in a beef heifer and I know that condition can go away and sometimes reoccurs or can blow up to eye loss, I am hoping that it is not this.

Barw
    Participant

If the eye is draining, could be the start of pink eye.

dominiquer60

We had pink eye last year, so far no draining, if I hadn’t noticed the flat red spot I wouldn’t know anything was different.

dominiquer60

The eye seems to be fine now and healed, I am guessing that he caught it on a twig or something of the sort.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.