Part-time farmer/part-time"X"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bivol
    Participant

Hi!

Now i’ve come across some very interesting and important articles id like to share with you all!

It’s about a growing trend of living in japan, called part-time farmer, part time “X”.
    Now, as you know, Japan is a highly industrialized country, but it’s also a country where people are under heavy social pressure – as lots of suicides show! but recession, loss of jobs and aditional stress in life recently sparked a new trend of living towards which more and more people find better than conventional consumer society.

Half-X01.jpg

the idea is to be farming for household need while also doing some other job, trade, or call, called “x”, to earn some money and be of service to the community and. “x” also means true calling in life, and it differs from human to human.

especially the younger generation is finding farming life in the countryside and nature more and more interesting, while also having jobs or some other types of income.

1. Part-time farmer/part-time “X”

Also, there are other two very good articles really worth reading!

1. part

2. part

just give it a go!

Stable-Man
    Participant

This certainly makes sense. It’s a way to try out the work without giving up the other occupation. I’m wondering if the youth here in the US wouldn’t be so against it if they saw you could make a good time of it, but this is kind of discouraged.

bivol
    Participant

yea, it is discouraged all round the western world, because of all the mantra concerning “specialization brings better results” and blah blah.
    esentially what it does is make one more dependant on other people in society, and so easier to control. not to say more vunerable in cases of disasters or crises.

nature gives us the very opposite lesson to this mantera. animals who are over-specialized are often first on the evolutionary chop in times of change, and it’s always jack-of-all-trades animals that survive various disasters.
    this lesson can’t be overemphasized enough!

all of this has already proven itself, PART-TIME FARMER CLASS PROVED TO BE MOST RESISTANT TO GLOBAL CRISES!

i guess lots of people wouldn’t be against it if they knew that a garden plot can get them through the month with extra dollars in the pocket – every month!

and on top that they knew where from the food came from!

i guess lots of people wouldn’t be against it if they knew that a garden plot can get them through the month with extra dollars in the pocket – every month!

yes, but that means they would have to get their butt off the couch, turn off that da…d TV, skip the latest soap opera and get busy.
    the ones that do know about it keep their garden anyway…..

bivol
    Participant

yea, guess that’s a problem, Elke… but no matter, those who want, will! and they will have extra dollars in their pockets!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.