Percheron Mare For Sale

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Market Place Buy/Sell Livestock Percheron Mare For Sale

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LarsEPrillaman
    Participant

FOR SALE! 17.3HH, 16 Years Old, named Tulip. I’d call her green broke. She stands quietly for harness and she ground drives without being hitched but needs some schooling. We have had two runaways. Needs desensitized to sounds. I just really need a horse ready to work and she needs somebody with more time and skill than I have to bring out the great worker I know is in her. Told she rides. Never tried. Have saddle to go with her. Registered and can transfer. Sweet sweet sweet disposition and very smart. I’m just NOT a trainer and have to be realistic as to my time and the needs of the farm. Asking $3000 OBO. Can email pics. Couldn’t resize any to required size. Not computer savvy. Thank you!

Brad Johnson
    Participant

Lars-
    Where are you located? I am not looking but know of a few folks in northern New England who are looking for sound working animals. I think that your current pricing on a green broke mare with runaway issues, particularly at that age, is high. Just my two cents worth. Let me know if you want me to pass this info on – some of these folks are not computer types. Thanks.
    -Brad

LarsEPrillaman
    Participant

Hello Brad. Sorry for the delay. I was supposed to get email notifications that folks had commented but didn’t for some reason. She’s a registered mare with a great disposition. We’ve had some trouble twice out of the many times we’ve been in harness, it’s true. I’m also a new teamster and NOT a trainer. I feel, for now, that my price is fair as she rides (previous owners confirmed that they rode her, and I’m putting her under saddle tomorrow to see how she does) and I think that somebody with more time in training horses or with multiple horses that they can hitch her in with, will get a good horse out of her. If folks with more experience can get hands on with her and show me that she’s ruined, I’ll definitely sing a different tune. That said, I don’t mean it as a rude rebuttal. I don’t mind getting input, even on pricing, from folks with more experience than me. Feel free to pass this on if you’d like. I plan on editing the original post if we make any progress with harness work or riding to reflect that, but my price would not increase as a result. Only decrease.

I’m located in Shepherdstown WV, which is in the Eastern Panhandle between Maryland and Virginia.

Lars

LarsEPrillaman
    Participant

Here is a link to Tulip, the horse I’m selling, pulling a log around with a go-devil.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BT5JLVkgS_3/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.