planning 2015 field days

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Donn Hewes
    Keymaster

We are already hard at work planning the 2015 Draft Animal Power Field Days, in Cummington, Mass. Sept 24th to the 27th. Thursday the 24th will start us off with four all day intensives. The registration for these workshops will include a pass for the rest of the weekend. The planned intensives will be: Beginning Teamsters, Beginning with Oxen, a Logging Demo in the woods nearby, for horse loggers, foresters, and land owners, and a Train the Trainer Workshop focused on teaching teamster skills to others.

Friday the 25th and Saturday the 26th will be the main presentations, workshops, and demonstrations. We have many demos and presentations already in the works from plowing to hay making to cultivating to veterinarians and other animal care.

This is where you can jump in. In the month of February and March I would love to hear from you. Is there someone you respect as a teamster and a farmer that you think would be a great presenter? Let us know. Is there a specific topic or skill that you would like to present yourself? Many of these are in the field with live animals, but there is also room for power points or other discussion groups. How about something unusual that you would like to see. Do you know anyone farming with minis, mules or donkeys? We would like to know about it. Anyone with suggestions on how we might find a rotating or treadmill type horsepower machine we would love to help move one in for the event.

I hope everyone is as excited for this event as I am. Sunday the 27th is planned to be a more low key day. The plan so far is for a Teamster Appreciation Breakfast and a DAP Annual Meeting followed by a play day, obstacle course etc.

We would love to hear from you. Feel free to email me: tripletreeatfrontiernet.net or give me a call, 607-849-4442. Donn

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.