Poster for Open Woods Day in Va.

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Events Poster for Open Woods Day in Va.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gabe Ayers
    Keymaster

I am just trying this to see if I can get the poster up on the actual message body. I hope it isn’t to big and that everyone gets a chance to see what a high powered advertising person does with a subject they are new too. I think it looks like an old timey Circus Poster, but is kind of cool too…

dominiquer60

Jason,

I love the George Nakashima quote, he was a great man of wood. In high school I had the honor of helping my father refinish and repair a large private collection of Nakashima furniture. The wood that George collected over his life time is just beautiful.

I was thinking about ways to market wood, you probably know the value of a good burl already, if not start saving them. Highly figured domestic wood can have great value, especially if it is well quarter sawn. My father is trying to market more stunning custom guitars made from domestics, who needs Brazilian rosewood to make a classy guitar. Just some things to think about, but we’ll talk more about wood soon enough.

Erika

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.