Prepairing the Garden / Seeding pasture/ Hands on lesson this weekend

DAPNET Forums Archive Forums Community of Interest Education Prepairing the Garden / Seeding pasture/ Hands on lesson this weekend

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sue Brennan
    Participant

This weekend May 17th & 18th I will be spring-tooth harrowing & seeding a field for pasture with draft horses. (Percheron’s) Also preparing the vegetable garden with a walking plow. Typically I have a beginners class which this year other business matters took priority. The Sun is shining and the work has to get done. So I would enjoy sharing my expertise with any future farmer looking for hands on experience, low key informative day or the whole weekend. Open for 3 individuals per day. $50/per day. I will start with Safety, Safety, and Safety! Handling a horse, brief discussion on flight animals, harnessing, hands on line driving, hitching to a fore-cart, Spring tooth harrowing a field, driving a straight line using the 5′ Brillion Seeder, Laying out the field for plowing, seeding etc. Plowing with a walking plow. Single or team. Using a blanker with a pair of drafts. If time allows maybe plant some potatoes with a potato planter. This is a great opportunity for some one to get hands on lessons since I have waited till the last minute. I’m on the Massachusetts/NY line 3 miles south of I90 – 300 New Concord road, East Chatham, NY 12060. Call me and to discuss level of driving skills. I can customize the day to your needs. Sue Brennan 413-441-0037 Seems like a lot, but the field & garden is small.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by Sue Brennan.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sue Brennan
    Participant

Ugh….I hate that I can not edit posts!!!(Or delete!) The plow photo above is a terrible plow job. I was behind a person driving 2 + 2 mules on a sulky plow and he was all over the place. I was attempting to straighten the furrow out which took twice around the field! Only to have him come back and mess it all up again. Good thing it was a “fun day” gathering off the farm!

dominiquer60

No worries Sue, When I saw your plow where it was my first thought was that you must be straightening out a mess 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.